April 9, 2012

Let's Make A Plate Stand!

After I found so many of these posted on Pinterest I knew I had to make one!  

I had a few of these glass candlesticks. 

 I sprayed the candlestick outside in the yard. We do not have a lawn right now, so I did not have to worry about any of the paint showing up on the green grass. 

I love these sample size paints!  Just the right size for all my small projects!  I painted this pretty gray color over the primer. 

I then  painted  a bit of brown glaze over the gray paint.  I really the gray distressed look that is so popular in decorating  right now!  As I type this, it might be out of style!  Things change so fast now!  

   
  I let it sit for a day before I glued the candlestick to the bottom of the plate.

I did a little research and found that this glue had a lot of good reviews.  I put a thin layer on the candlestick and eyeballed where I thought the center of the plate was.  Let it sit for 24 hours.

This is the finished plate stand.  I want to make more!  I have a few more glass candlesticks. I am now on the look out for cheap plates!   

 Thanks for visiting!  

3 comments:

  1. I like the name of your new blog! Great cake plate, thanks for the inspiration!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name of your new blog! Your cake plate is so pretty! I cannot wait to move so I can get crafty again!

    ReplyDelete