April 20, 2012

Strawberry, Balsamic Vinegar and Cheese Flat bread

Where do I begin?  I make a lot of pizzas.  My husband brings home a bag of bread/pizza dough every Sunday, every Sunday!  If I don't make a pizza, I  just put the dough in a 9 x 9 pan and bake it for 25 minutes at 375  and lo and behold I have a square loaf of bread!  But yesterday I was adventurous! I had to try and make a strawberry flat bread.  In my mind if it does not have tomato sauce on it, it can not be pizza.  

 This  dough is from Whole Foods, it is a dream to work with it practically spreads it self into the pan! 
 I layered baby spinach, cut up strawberries and fresh mozzarella cheese on the dough.  Drizzled balsamic vinegar and honey on top of that.   

 Baked it for 17 minutes at 400 degrees.   

 
 After I tried my first piece, I thought it was lacking a little something.  I found a bottle of Italian seasoning and sprinkled that on top. That was an improvement, but it still needed something.  I found a bottle of balsamic glaze and drizzled that on top.  That was it!    And I think  the balsamic glaze makes it look very pretty!   I found that the longer the flat bread sat, the better it tasted.    Next time I will remember to use more herbs and maybe I will use regular spinach and not baby spinach.  Maybe even omit the strawberries and use mushrooms, olives and peppers.   I think I will try that next week!  

 Thanks for visiting!
  

2 comments:

  1. Yum, it sounds like it would taste good! I like the idea of the mushrooms, olives and peppers too. I don't go to whole foods much, but I need to look for the bread dough.

    ReplyDelete