April 27, 2012

Let's make some pinwheels!

 Pinwheels! Pinwheels!  Pinwheels!  
 I made a few last year to put in my outdoor potted plants!  
 They were fun to make so I decided to make a few more today!
 This year I was inspired by www.missmustardseed.blogspot.com to use old pieces of sheet music.  I think she used pages from a children's book.  You will need paper cut into 5 inch squares.
Next, you will need to draw an x  to find the center.

  Cut into the x  stopping about an inch from the center.
 Put a dab of hot glue in the middle and start making the pinwheel.
 I put a small button in the middle to hide the glue.  You could cut out a small circle from a piece of paper if you do not have any buttons. 

 I used long wooden skewers for the sticks.

 I can say these are fun to make!  I need to make more!  I might  be taking the plunge and selling my paper crafts at a local store.  A friend and I love to craft so we will be sharing a booth.  We are on a waiting list right now.  But it is a step in the right direction.  I hope it is!

Hopefully,  I will be busy making all sorts of fun things!
  
Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear that you are taking steps to sell your creations. I think your things will be popular once people see them. Good luck to you and your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you sell them on Etsy? it's super easy

    ReplyDelete