April 16, 2012

Chalkboard

 I have a small obsession with chalkboard paint.  A few weeks ago I set out to find an old frame that I could use to make a chalkboard for my daughter.  With a little help from a friend I was able to find this framed blue print.  I felt  bad painting over the blue print.  Someone was proud enough of their work to have it framed.

 I put three coats of paint over the print.   I had to do a bit of sanding in between coats to get rid of some of the bubbles that formed in the paper. It dried practically perfect!  It is an old piece so I wasn't  really going for perfect anyway.  Works for me!

This greeted my daughter when she came over for her birthday dinner.  Let me just tell you,  it was very hard for me to let  the chalkboard go !  She said I could keep it, but I made it for her and I know it will look great in her apartment!    It gives me something to look for when I am out there thrift store shopping! 
  
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. I've never used chalkboard paint but have always wanted to try it. The chalkboard for your daughter turned out great. Have you ever used Chalkink Markers? They're great. Here's the website: http://www.chalkink.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm guessing your daughter felt very special and blessed...getting such a creative and personal gift! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Denise! You have been a busy crafter!!!

    ReplyDelete